Imaginative Minds: Writing By Children

These stories and poems are written by children of all ages. Hearing stories from the perspective of children refreshes one's soul with their innocence, their creativity and their wonderfully fresh ideas.

Thursday 12 November 2009

The Magic Tree

The Magic Tree
by Gabriella, age 7

Once in the night, I snuck outside. I went next door to the back garden. I went to the tree that was in the garden. It had doors. I crept inside the very top door. In that door was a panda bear who could speak English.

I said, “Hello,” to him.

He said, “Hello,” back.

The panda bear told me that he had always been very lonely, so he was happy that I came. I knew it was too late for me to be out and I needed to get home, so, after politely chatting with him for a short time, I told the panda bear, “Goodbye.”

I went to the bottom of the tree. I opened the door that was at the very bottom. I saw a different world. There was a sign above the door that said, “Welcome to Fairytale Land.” I said out loud, “Fairytale Land! Wow!” I couldn’t resist entering Fairytale Land, just for a bit before I went back home.

In Fairytale Land, I saw Sleeping Beauty, The Three Little Pigs and Jack and Jill.

I heard my mom calling for me, but I couldn’t see the door I had come through, so I asked Jack and Jill the way out of Fairytale Land. But they didn’t know the way out.

So I went to the Three Little Pigs’ house and asked them how to get out of Fairytale Land. They said that they only knew how to go through Fairytale Land, not how to leave.

I then went to Sleeping Beauty and asked her the way out of Fairytale Land. She said, “I don’t know, but Prince Phillip does,” and she took me to Prince Phillip.

Prince Phillip knew the way back to the door in the tree that led out of Fairytale Land, and he showed me the way.

When I got out, I ran back into my house. I went to bed, and I wondered when I would go to Fairytale Land or visit a different door in the magic tree again.

No comments:

Post a Comment