Imaginative Minds: Writing By Children

These stories and poems are written by children of all ages. Hearing stories from the perspective of children refreshes one's soul with their innocence, their creativity and their wonderfully fresh ideas.

Monday 16 May 2011

The Magic Box

by Gabriella, age 8

I will put it in the box...
the ssss of a smooth snake on a sunny day,
rain from the eyes of crying angels,
a tiny teen tooting on a trumpet.

I will put it in the box....
a fierce crocodile with a very strong muscle,
a step on the golden path of paint,
a scratch from a king of lions.

I will put it in the box...
one silver sparkle spread in America,
the first lick of a newborn pup,
and the first word of love.

I will put it in the box...
a second rainbow and a purple worm,
a dragon flying with fairy wings,
and a fairy flying with dragon wings.

My box is fashioned from stars and moons and crystals,
with wings on the lid and ponies in the corners.
Its hinges are the sound of a dancing cow.

I shall fly in my box,
in the great warm fluffy clouds of the south.
Then slowly land on a nested tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment